Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall Gardening

What will you be planting in your garden this fall? Do you usually have a bigger or smaller garden in the fall or do you hang up your gardening gloves and boots for the fall? Personally, I've always loved working in the garden during the spring and harvesting in the summer,but in the past 5 years fall gardening has become a consisted past time of mine. One thing I LOVE about fall gardening (besides being able to work in cooler temps)is being able to grow so many delicious leafy greens like kale, spinach, turnips,mustard greens,and other leafy greens. My second favorite thing to do is planting garlic. I never thought in a million years that I would enjoy planting garlic so much, but it has to be one of the easiest crops to grow(I guess that's why I love it so much),it's an awesome flavorful herb and medicinally a powerhouse. I've always bought garlic,but after growing my own for the last five years, I rarely buy it from the grocery store. It just doesn't have the same flavor to me. Last put not least, I would have to say building my compost pile back up is something that I really enjoy too. Lord knows my pile almost completely disappears over the summer. It's not that I'm not composting, it has more to do with the fall leaves giving the pile a much more bulky look and starting the process over again. What's your favorite things to grow and do in your fall garden? Well, that concludes my little rant about fall gardening. I really didn't know what to post and I just decided to just put something down. I hope you didn't find this post boring,and I hope I planted a little seed in your head,if you're not fall gardening to start one soon. Shelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment