Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Small Harvest

 Just wanted to post my small harvest of some yellow wax beans, a handful of some ripe yellow tomatoes and as you can tell I also brought inside the green non ripe ones inside too. They can sit on the windowsill and continue to ripen indoors. I decided to take bring the tomatoes on in since the squirrels in my yard have been enjoying the buffet of tomatoes in my garden, I decided to pick the rest of the green tomatoes that were a decent size and bring them on in, so I can enjoy their deliciousness too.

As you can see, in the first picture I have some okra and pole beans too. One of my okra looks a little big and I'm afraid it might be a little woody, but with gardening you never know--earlier in the gardening season I grew this cucumber( supposed to be a pickling kind) that was huge( might post in future) and I thought the cucumber was going to be very bitter because it was so big,but it actually wasn't and we were able to use that cucumber for 3 days in salads and sandwiches.

Here's some more cucumbers that I found out in the garden and the adorable untied (ugggh!) sneakers are my handsome son, Myles', he's my assistant in this photo, and he couldn't wait to get in the house to make a salad.

Sorry, I didn't take pictures of his salad, but sometimes I forget to take pictures and post pictures, but there's always next time.

Peace and Happy Gardening to you!

-Shelly-

No comments:

Post a Comment