Thursday, January 8, 2015

Warmth and Turkey Stock

Brrrrrrr.....it's cold outside....and when it's freezing....and a turkey carcass is sitting in your fridge,then stock should be made. Making stock is an excellent additional way to help heat up my home and it smells incredible too.I didn't add all the extras like: garlic,carrots and onions this time,but the smell was still amazing because the turkey I cooked earlier in the week was well seasoned,and I believe the little pieces of meat left on the bones  actually seasoned  the stock.  If you've never made your own stock or broths,I highly recommend it. D.I.Y.ing it is very cost-effective on a family budget and beats the flavor of anything you buy at the supermarket.If you would like to try making your own stock try this recipe www.marthastewart.com/332746/turkey-stock.               

No comments:

Post a Comment