Sunday, July 12, 2015

Finally Harvested Some Tomatoes

Finally was able to harvest some cucumbers from the garden.As you can see, I have a lot of green yellow pear tomatoes that I brought in from the garden because they were taking to long to change colors. So, in order to feel like I've accomplished something  with my tomato plants this year, and to also help my plants along with production (tomatoes  haven't done very well, this year),I decided to pick my maters and let them bask in the sunlight on my windowsill.

This hasn't been a very productive tomato season for me.  Usually, I begin getting tomatoes in mid June,but this year we had an unusually cooler and wet spring, and  the potential move to Miami we were facing (became busy researching homes,schools,making a budget for a new city) I believe all of this played a hand in the lack of  production this year.

I'm seriously grateful for the harvest that I got, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a harvest out of the other tomato plants in the garden.

Hmmm....let me send some good vibes to my Gypsy tomato plants and those delectable Cherokee Purple plants to grow and produce some amazing tomatoes for us.

Are you growing tomatoes and are you harvesting  anything yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment