Wednesday, July 11, 2018

My Garden, My Story

Earlier this week, I posted the quote, "Gardens are a form of autobiography,"and it got me thinking about what story am I sharing through my garden.

Cucumber plant 
And here are my thoughts....My garden is small, like me(I'm 5'5), and it consist of a few plant survivors of an unusually cold spring. After 10 years of being a backyard gardener, I now garden in my front yard and driveway. Two pots hold cucumbers and peppers and one sunflower rather than the earth, but that's okay--because this is a real learning experience,and another life skill to add to my resume of life.

Gardening brings out a lot of creativity and even though my garden is small, I've become more resourceful and it brings me a lot of satisfaction.
 
The lone sunflower

What my garden says about me: Small, resourceful and tenacious. I'm okay with the descriptive words that I've chosen, however, next year, I hope to expand the garden and the adjectives.
Watermelon (sugar baby)
What does your garden say about you? Do you plan to keep your current aesthetic/design or will you change it, and why?

1 comment:

  1. You have a great sense of the connections in the world. I appreciate your insight and persistence of vision.

    ReplyDelete