Monday, September 7, 2020

From Pain to Love

Been a bit sidelined these past 3 weeks with a large boil on the top of my foot, so many of the gardening and household duties haven't been my top priority. Not being able to do many of my daily tasks was been a bit annoying at first, but self-care is more important than making sure all the laundry is done on laundry day, every wall is wiped down on Fridays, and making sure weeds and dying plants are pulled. Even though these tasks are important, nothing wasn't as important as staying off of my foot as much as possible.

Before I continue, I would like to thank my children and my husband for all the help and support they gave. Love you, guys!

Now back to the post.......

This boil has been so painful and itchy. Even though my toes felt numb, and at times the boil felt like it was hitting a nerve in my foot, nothing and I mean nothing drove me crazy like the itchiness. The itchiness felt like my foot was on fire and was traveling up toward my lower leg. Apparently, as the boil was forming a head it became larger and the itchiness intensified which also became the start of the healing process.

As the boil grew, I started soaking my foot in warm water with Epsom Salt and tea tree oil. These foot soaks which eventually became feet soaking times happened three times a day while I took my daily French lessons from the Duolingo app(haven't missed a lesson yet, 235 days strong), or watching gardening videos and making plans for next season. This little time for self-care started off as just trying to ease pain for myself and I thought that I would leave it as that, but I'm happy to say, I'll be adding foot soaking twice a week to my life as a little love letter to moi.

Do you have a simple self-care routine that's a must for you?



#selfcare #agardenerheals #agreenhaven, #footcare #boil

No comments:

Post a Comment