Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thankful for the M&M's (Music & Memories)




Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I surely did! Dinner was kept real simple since it was just the six of us and we really didn't need a massive buffet of food. Being a household of seven over the years has always meant large quantities of food anyways and I really didn't want a week load of leftovers crammed in my frig, so we kept it simple with broiled lemon garlic butter salmon, mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach and one large tray of baked mac n cheese served with store bought Dutch apple pie and a peach cream pie.

Thanksgiving cooking isn't any fun without music playing in the background and the occasional dance moves around the kitchen. I love music and this year's playlist was filled with a lot of songs from the 70's &early 80's, a time celebrating my mom and dad's youth(teen years), courtship, marriage and my early years as a child.

As the Bar-kay's, Cameo, Brick, and many other phenomenal funk bands played from my phone, I smiled as I made the final touches to our side dishes.....this was my way of celebrating my parents' lives and their love of music.

My sister and I loss our mother 20 years ago to breast cancer, and loss our father to colon cancer in March. So yeah, this is our first holiday season without a parent being present in this world with us. Also, Thanksgiving Day was my mom's birthday, so it was a day filled with lots of smiles, memories and music.




No comments:

Post a Comment