Monday, April 29, 2024

Today

I cleared some weeds, well lots of weeds, planted some tomato starts, as well as planted cucumber, sunflower and eggplant seeds. Eggplants will come really late in the garden this year because the ones I started in the house didn't make it through their time indoors. They were looking so good, too, but I did have a few times where I forgot to give them their second watering. The eggplants were planted in a cardboard egg carton and plants dry out very quickly in that type of environment, and then add on the fact that Spring weather has home temperatures fluctuating so much, along with a plant parent becoming busy with other things, a loss was bound to happen. This year I loss 18 black beauty eggplants, now I'm hoping I can at least get two plants for the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment