Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

Spaghetti Noodles and Vegetables  with Peanut Sauce.
 This recipe right here is one that I love to play around with. In the picture above I sautéed some carrots, onions, and mushrooms (in that order too,lol) in a oiled pan with about 1 tablespoon each of garlic and ginger.
 
The showstopper of this dish is the peanut sauce and because I'm a cook that completely wings this dish, I decided to post this simple peanut sauce recipe. The recipe makes about 1cup of sauce and is quite tasty.
 
Ingredients
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of water
 
Put peanut butter in a small bowl and then add water.
Stir until peanut butter is smooth and creamy.
Mix in all the other ingredients and there you have it....your peanut sauce.
 
Because the sauce is so simple and basic, I love adding ginger and red pepper flakes to the sauce too. I also switch out water from time to time with chicken or vegetable broth. Actually, the next time I make this dish, I'm really considering adding some lemon/lime juice to this sauce.    
That's a nice looking bowl of sauce, of course my bowl is more than 1 cup, and this sauce is so good you wouldn't want just one cup. You'll want it as a dipping sauce for chicken or shrimp or you might want to use it as a sauce for vegetables. 
Peanut Sauce

Broccoli, Kale and Carrots with Noodles and Peanut Sauce


Now, get in your kitchen and play around with different variations of this dish.
Add chicken to this noodle dish if you like, or whatever your taste buds desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment