Thursday, February 23, 2023

The Viability is on Point

Whenever a gardener can save money on seeds, its a great thing, but seriously many of us still buy seeds anyway--cause why not, experiment with something new or even try to test growing fruit or veggies not usually grown in year planting zone. Come on, I can't be the only one who does this from time to time. Last week, I was frantically looking for my seed bag. The seed bag had some unopened seed packets that I never got around to planting last year, and saved seeds from previous years. So, to finally find it, the elation that went through my body was a ten. Finding the bag didn't mean, no seed purchases for me because I'd still need to know if the seeds are still viable. 

One easy way to check a seeds viability is to place the seeds on a small plate and lightly water the seeds and cover the seeds with plastic wrap or you could place the seeds in a napkin-wet the napkin and place the napkin on a plate and allow it to get some sunlight, and depending on the seed and warm conditions you create for the seeds you should see some progress within 4 days, if not give it a full week. 

Hope this bit of information helped someone, now I've got to get back to more gardening prep, I have a few more seeds to checkout. 
In the meantime, keep growing!

Shelly 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment