Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Daydreaming

Here I sit inside my home on a cool January day dreaming about my spring garden. I'm daydreaming about raking back the old autumn leaves that lay on top of my small backyard garden. I wonder what will be revealed. Will the soil still be holding a lot of nutrients from the fall garden or will I need to amend the garden a little or a lot? Will the soil be rich and loamy and plant ready or will there be pockets of the garden that's compacted and not yet ready to nourish tender roots.

These are just a few of my thoughts about my garden space as I come into the new gardening season, I wonder not only about what to grow for the season, but I wonder about my soil. What are you thinking about as you enter a new gardening season?

No comments:

Post a Comment