Wednesday, June 29, 2016

She's Here

Yesterday, I found my pumpkin plant growing strong and starting to creep into my neighbor's yard. As I guided the plant into a different direction, I spotted the first female flower.

I knew this time would come, but I'm so excited since last year was a bust. It was my first year growing pumpkins, so I didn't know what I was doing, and I planted the seeds pretty late too.  So, some off the plants took off and a few struggled with powdery mildew, and after I dealt with the mildew, it seemed like the weather cooled and I was left with pretty flowers, but no fruit.

Well, not this year! I have pretty flowers and now a little fruit!

Is anyone growing pumpkins, and if so, what kind? I'm growing sugar pie.

Have a great day!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment