Friday, April 19, 2019

Time to Fertilize

Today has been a very rainy and storm filled, Good Friday. Woke up last night at midnight and the power was out in my neighborhood. Apparently half of the power in the city I live in was out. Several downed trees took out powerlines in my area. Power was finally restored around 9:30 a.m..

For me, as a gardener, Good Friday is the time I usually transplant my tomatoes outside---not this year, though, weather was really bad earlier in the day, and off and on showers throughout the day, and not to mention tomorrow we're suppose to have a big cold front come through.  So, instead of putting my tomatoes and tomatillos(I'm growing these for the first time)at risk of extreme weather conditions right off the bat, I decided when I saw another break in the clouds that I would fertilize my brussels sprouts. 

So, when that break came, I rushed to put on my shoes and hurriedly gathered the watering can and the fertilizer. I collected the rain water that filled my gardening cart into my watering can, making sure I filled the can more than halfway and adding at least two capfuls to the watering can, and then I made sure the Brussels sprouts got a good soaking with the fertilizer. The brussels sprouts haven't been fertilized at all since being planted, so this is much needed. I really can't wait to see how much they'll grow in the next few weeks. 

So, there you have it, my Good Friday gardening story for the day. What is yours? 

#atlantagardener,#backyardgardener, #growingfood,#goodfridaygardeningstory,#rain,#fertilize

No comments:

Post a Comment