Friday, June 12, 2020

Compost: Two's a Great Start

My two bins of compost have been producing some fantastic compost for the garden; I'm really impressed with how much compost I've been able to produce this year.
Last year, I only used one bin and that definitely wasn't enough to maintain my midsize garden.

As a former open composter-it's still my favorite way to compost;however, where I live now I don't have the space in my backyard to compost like that anymore. So, since bins are the only way I can make compost, I can honestly recommend two large bins for a small to midsize garden to make your compost in. 
Happy Gardening!!

P.S. Don't forget to put holes in your bins for drainage. Sometimes a rain shower might sneak up on you and you might have to tilt the bins to get the water out. If you don't mind tilting the bins then don't worry about adding the holes. 



#agreenhaven 
#composting
#growfood 

No comments:

Post a Comment