Thursday, January 25, 2024

The Power of Stillness

It's 6:30 a.m. and a steady rainshower is going outside my window, as I sit on my living room floor listening to drops hit my windowpane, my thoughts go immediately to the garden and the topsy-turvy weather conditions its endured.  
For the past two weeks the garden has experienced ice and windchill Temps of 0, and yesterday, we had Temps in the the mid 60's with off and on rain throughout the day. 

Today, which is Thursday, through the weekend(I believe), flooding could be a problem, so driving in this weather is going to be a task(I would stay home, I have to drive people to work), but anyways, back to the garden. 

This winter weather whirlwind has displayed so much beauty and stillness that has my mind in overdrive with plans and bursting at the seams with creativity. Isn't it funny how stillness can  do that? 
 
Winter is my least favorite season, but it is truly a powerful one for many gardeners as it brings on a time of reflection about the past season, a time to plan and budget for the new garden and a time to slowdown and just be. 

What does Winter mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment