Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Goals! Goals! Goals!


Yesterday I finally did it! I finally made space for a cut flower area in the garden. Now---hopefully, I'll be able to check another goal off of my, "Best Decade Ever" checklist, soon.

Oh, never heard of, The Best Decade Ever---I know this could be its own blog post, but I feel like sharing it; so.....late 2019, Mel Robbins (motivational speaker and author),offered a free online course to help map out dreams/goals of the attendees.

Monday through Friday, there was always a task for the day, and I had a love/hate relationship with the 10 year writing challenges in the beginning. After a week of trying, and finally becoming honest with myself and being happy to do small things, and they can be goals, too. Looking back on 2019 and previous years, helped me to come to this conclusion.

I'm not going to share all of my goals here, but here's a few(no particular order):
1. Learn French
2. Buy a house
  3. Add cut flower garden
                  4. Get in the stock market
                  5. Network with other                              bloggers 

Did you notice the range of dreams and goals? Pretty cool, huh? And I can proudly say, my husband and I bought our house, I've been in the stock market over a year, I'm networking with bloggers, and at the time of this writing, I've gladly spent 440 consecutive days of learning French. 

Looks really likely that the cut garden is next. 

Why do I want a cut flower garden so much? Well, being mainly a vegetable grower, I've grown a few flowers here and there, and they always stay outside. Being able to grow an abundant amount of fresh flowers to freshness up my house with a pop of color would be amazing and cost effective!

According to Nikki over at Savvy Gardening, one should start with easy to grow annual flowers like, zinnias and sunflowers, and how your flowers are organized will help with the maintenance and growth process. Some flowers might need support to keep them upright as they grow.

I'm pretty confident about growing sunflowers. Sunflowers and cosmos, I've grown before. Zinnias, Echinacea, scarlet sage and orange coneflower, no experience at all, and according to the information  from Savvy Gardening, I might not have some plants organized where they can be properly supported. Basically, I cleared an area for the flowers, took a mixture of a handful of seeds, and sprinkled them on the soil, and covered lightly. 

As I wait for the emergence of the first sprout, or any signs of development, this experiment could be a complete garden mess or something absolutely beautiful. I'm pulling for the latter, but one thing's for certain---I'm working on  creating my best decade ever!





#agreenhaven #goals #gardening #cutflowers #sunflowers #zinnias.                          #cosmos





No comments:

Post a Comment