Sunday, March 21, 2021

Second Day of Spring: Being More Strategic


The husband and I started our day at a Macy's store that's closing their doors, today. We were hoping to find a few goodies before the doors officially closed, however, we had no luck---if we needed floor rugs, we would've hit the jackpot since that was the only stuff left besides the store lighting and cash registers. My husband actually thought about purchasing some track lighting for our back porch, but on second thought he decided against it, more so they seemed a bit old.
After walking through Macy's, we headed to our local Lowe's. The hubster was looking for ceiling fans, an extension cord and a couple of two to three converter prongs. I, on the other hand, spent my time in the lawn and garden section wrestling with the idea of getting a shopping cart or not. Lowe's had so many things that I wanted, like these large plastic looking wine barrels that were fairly priced around $15. I could've easily picked up four of them to grow some veggies in, and to add some charm to my outdoor spaces.
With today being the second day of Spring and a very nice weather day, I might add, I loved seeing so many carts full with flowers, mulch, planters, and soil. I seriously wanted to have a cart full of stuff, too, but before I buy anything else for my yard or garden, I seriously need a plan in place. It's nice to have things on hand, but I also need to be strategic about my lawn and garden shopping like I am about my grocery shopping.
Today I did myself a favor---walked around and took note of some ideas. Yeah, it was a good day! Happy Spring, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment