Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Sunday was a Good Day

Sunday was the only day I had to myself to do what I want which could've been binge watching any one of the streaming services: Hulu, Prime, Disney+ or Netflix, in which my day would be filled with unique storytelling, classics or a wacky reality TV show---which I don't watch as much as I used to, I can't stand the drama, which comes across as fake with some of these shows. When it comes to reality TV, I still have favorites, just not so many.

Where I'm at in my life right now, is surrounding myself with peace, opportunities to learn or expand on skills, slowing down to enjoy the little things in life, setting and meeting financial goals for myself, and Sunday was the perfect day to hit many of those targets while in the garden.

The two hours spent in the garden spreading out cardboard, emptying compost bins and dumping bins of leaves on a mild winter afternoon was so peaceful. Whenever I start to feel like, life is just happening and I'm just going through the motions, the garden always seems to allow me the time to stop, reflect, find myself and truly live.

-Shelly



#agreenhaven #gardening #peace #slow living #backyardgardener






No comments:

Post a Comment