Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

 It's officially fall and you know what that means.....yes....Soup Season!!!!!
 Don't get me wrong I love summer and everything it has to offer(swimming, great weather and tons of fresh fruit and vegetables)but it's nice to cool down a bit, so I can enjoy these warm and inexpensive meals.
 
Today I want to give a big Tasty Tuesday shout out to......Black Bean Soup!!!
 
First I want to apologize for not having my recipe together-this recipe is so easy, I sometimes forget to write down my measurements.  I'm a pinch here, pinch there, type of cook. I pretty much eyeball to make a lot of my soups.
What am I saying, this is pretty much how I cook all the time.
Let me stop with all the chatter and get to the recipe.
 
Well....let's get it....let's go!!
 
Ingredients
1 (16oz pkg) of dried black beans(cook accordingly) or 2 cans of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large onion diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2-3 large carrots chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) of chicken broth or vegetable broth
 bacon, turkey or ham (optional)
2 tbsp. of olive oil if not using bacon
If using bacon, sautée garlic, onions celery and carrots in the bacon fat.
Season to taste
 
Directions
In a pot heat up the black beans and broth together.
Bring to a light boil, and cover.
Heat up the 2tbsp. of olive oil and cook the garlic, onions, celery and carrots (season to taste)
As the veggies cook down, this is the time to add any of the meat if your using it.
Use your own discretion to how much meat to add, you can also reserve some of the bacon as a topping for the soup if you want.
Now turn your beans back on and lightly drain the can of dice tomatoes and the sautéed veggies and meat to the pot.
Season to taste and bring everything to a boil.
Let soup cool down a bit.
Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth or consistency you like.
Pour mixture back into pot to heat up.
 
And there you have it....Black Bean Soup!!!
 
Now you can garnish your soup with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream or whatever floats your boat.
 
Hope you enjoy!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment